(Dutch titles translated into English)
- Review of Andrew Hamilton, Trade and Empire in the Eighteenth Century Atlantic World, in The Adam Smith Review, Volume 8, 2015, pp. 297-300.
- Review of Hartmut Behr, A History of International Political Theory: Ontologies of the International in Political Studies Review, 10(2), May 2012, p. 239.
- Review of Ian Hall and Lisa Hill (eds), British International Thinkers from Hobbes to Namier, in Political Studies Review, 9(2), May 2011, p. 228.
- ‘The Numerous Sources of International Order’, De Academische Boekengids 85, March 2011, pp. 21-23. Review essay on Duncan Bell (ed), Political Thought and International Relations. Variations on a Realist Theme, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009; Robert Kagan, The Return of History and the End of Dreams, New York: Vintage Books, 2009; Cornelia Navari (ed.), Theorising International Society. English School Methods, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009; Barry Buzan and Ana Gonzales-Palaez (ed), International Society and the Middle East. English School Theory at the Regional Level, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Review of John S. Dryzek and Patrick Dunleavy, Theories of the Democratic State, in Political Studies Review, (8)3, September 2010. pp. 378-379.
- Review of Andrew Walter & Gautam Sen, Analyzing the Global Political Economy, in Political Studies Review, 8(2), May 2010, p. 244.
- Review of B. Gaens, ‘Europe-Asia Interregional Relations. A Decade of ASEM’, in Political Studies Review, 7 (3), September 2009, p. 385.
- Review of R. Long and T. Machan, ‘Anarchism/Minarchism: Is a Government Part of a Free Country’, in Political Studies Review, 7 (3), September 2009, p. 374.
- Review of Robert Jackson, ‘Sovereignty. Evolution of an Idea’, in Millennium. Journal of International Studies, 37(3), May 2009, pp. 802-804.
- Review of D. Weinstein, ‘Utilitarianism and the New Liberalism’, in Political Studies Review 7 (1), January 2009, pp. 110-111.
- Review of Chris Mumford (ed.), ‘Cosmopolitanism and Europe’, in Political Studies Review 7 (1), January 2009. pp 154-155.
- Review of Richard Little, ‘The Balance of Power in International Relations. Metaphors, Myths and Models’, in International Affairs 84:6. November 2008, pp. 1303-1304.
- Review of Steven Bernstein & Louis W. Pauly, ‘Global Liberalism and Political Order: Toward A New Grand Compromise?’, in Political Studies Review 6 (1), January 2008, p.115.
- Review of Christopher Wolfe, ‘Natural Law Liberalism’, in Political Studies Review 6 (1), January 2008, p.87-88.
- Review of Robert Higgs & Carl P. Close, ‘The Challenge of Liberty: Classical Liberalism Today’ in Political Studies Review 5(3) , September 2007, p.402.
- ‘State and Foreign Policy Central in International Relations’, review of Christopher Hill: The Changing Politics of Foreign Policy, Internationale Spectator, July/August 2004, pp. 405- 407.
- ‘The Socialist Nature of the Third Ways’, review of R. Cuperus, K. Duffek & J. Kandel (ed.) ‘Multiple Third Ways, European Social Democracy facing the Twin Revolution of Globalisation and the Knowledge Society’, Liberaal Reveil, April 2001, pp. 80-81.
- ‘Short Sighted on Europe’, review of A.H.J.W. van Schijndel ‘Het Europese Wiel’, Liberaal Reveil, October 1999, pp. 213-216.